Share |

The Things I Had To Do In Order To Save My Marriage Today

Thursday, September 8, 2011

My husband and I really are soul mates. We sincerely loved each other right from the minute we first met at a high school dance. We both went home that particular night (little did we know) and shared with our parents that tonight we actually met the person we were going to get married to.
Directly after we got wedded, we moved together with my parents in order to look for work and start our new lives. It absolutely was exciting, but we didn't have a house of our own to live immediately.

My father talked us into living together with them for a while till we were financially sound enough to actually buy our own home. Little did we know, 1 month after moving into the new house along with them, my father would leave my very own mother, leaving us to care for my legally blind mama and my younger brother. We took over for paying for the bills and keeping things going in the proper direction, along with utilizing my mother's disability checks.

Technically, the house was still my mothers, as it was in her name, and all the possessions in it were hers except for what we actually had in our own bedroom. We lived by her rules of the house still, just as I constantly did growing up as a young child. Call when you are going home, tell me your plans, each time are you coming and going, disclose your financials..... Really still a child in a mother's house.

We paid for our share of the home payment, bills, food items, etc and for some time it was working. We had our quarrels and such, however mainly everything went along efficiently. We were merely frustrated we still had all our possessions in our bedroom, were still living by my mother's rules of the house, and still hadn't moved ahead with a life of our very own.

At the ten year marker it became obvious that we were slipping away from one another. My husband and I were having disagreements more, which lead to more fighting with my very own mother, and frequently the question came up whether I loved him more than my family. In one particular disagreement, he told me that I must make a choice: my very own mother or him. Needless to say, later in conversation, my own mother gave me the same ultimatum.

I searched my heart and did a save my marriage today review. Despite the fact that I would always love my mama and always wished to be close to her, it was becoming more and more clear that we could not share a house living the way we did. I needed to tell her that we could not live together any longer to save my marriage. At that point, my parents had been dating once more for quite a while and they had made a decision to get remarried, so it wasn't like she didn't have somewhere else to go.

I just simply told her that my husband is my future and the rest of my life. Though she will always be my mama and a part of my life, I want to move forward with my life together with my husband by my side. In order to do this, we needed our own house, build our very own life, and do it right on our very own.

I still loved her and I didn't want to spoil our relationship by always fighting. Understanding this was the first step towards years of joy and happiness to come. We went our separate ways with our living arrangements, but then we became much closer as a family mainly because we were living separately. My hubby and I became so much closer than ever and discovered our initial love growing with our new life together. At the end of the day, we actually had to get rid of my very own mom to save my marriage today review.

0 comments: