Share |

Be Smart With Your Money After All It's Your Money

Thursday, December 22, 2011

I reckon being the daughter of a baby boomer certainly had its strengths. That generation alone saw what it was to financially suffer as they saw distress in their parents’ financial challenges. That being said, my mother realised how to budget and she trained me well.
However, I don’t think anyone foresaw how poor the economy would be when time to graduate university came. We’ve all seen the ‘Occupy Wallstreet’ protests around the globe happening. among other motives, that a large reason for this occupation is high school loan debts and no job to minimize this debt. Actuality of the matter is that we all look to be struggling and had we had a financial plan in the first place, possibly (I use that loosely) we wouldn’t be in this financial predicament we are in now.

Kalamazoo is a decent size city so there is a higher chance for one to find a profession here than say Galesburg. At this time, once you get a job, be sensible about it. That’s easier said than done, I know, but financial planning is crucial if as a society we want to avoid continuing this ever-growing debt. Consider seeking a financial adviser whether for general counsel or if you’re at the point of retirement, creating a retirement plan. The great part of a financial adviser is they not only help you as you personally define success, they’ll also help keep you on track. Being fresh out of college, I feel this financial discomfort all too well. I knew I was going to have to start from the lowest, but I’m hoping I’m not going to be digging myself out of expenses until I’m 40 years old. I can only hope. My mom said that when she was working she’d save 30-40% of her paychecks. That appears like a huge compromise in my eyes, but if that’s what it requires to not feel the challenge of money, I’ll do it.

Talking with my working extended family members, I’m well aware of the fading of their 401k’s. What happened to them? What happened to make GM basically governmentally owned? Some Americans bit off more they could chew when they met a financial peak. You can live humbly and still have money. If you’re not an individual who can budget well, which actually, my money seems to disappear as my social events increase, but there are techniques to save and people to help you _save money_. I’d take advantage of them.

0 comments: